Treat yourself (or significant other....or Quarantine partner!) to a delicious Provençale Lamb Pasta dinner. You will be amazed how easy this is!
Ingredients - 2 Portions
400g (2 1/2 cups) Cooked Penne Rigate Pasta (or your favourite!)
1 Without Reservations Braised Lamb Shank with Roasted Onions and Garlic
1 - 150g Without Reservations Provençale Ratatouille
30g (2 tbsp) Unripened Chèvre (goat cheese)
30g (2 tbsp) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4g (2 tbsp) Fresh parsley, chopped
30g (2 tbsp) Red wine (optional)
To taste Sea salt and Black pepper
Note: To make 4 portions, simply double all of the ingredients except the lamb. There is definitely enough meat with one lamb shank!
1. Heat the Braised Lamb Shank and Provençale Ratatouille in a pot of hot water according to the directions. Once heated, remove the lamb shank from the pouch, reserving all of the juices in the pouch.
2. Allow the lamb to cool for a minute or two, then strip the meat from the bone. Chop the meat into approximately 1 cm cubes (1/2" cubes).
3. Heat the Olive oil in a sauce pan. Remove the Provençale Ratatouille from the pouch and add it to the preheated saucepan. Stir.
4. Add the chopped Lamb Shank meat and the Chèvre. Toss to combine and heat through.
5. Add the Red Wine, if you are choosing to, and the reserved juices from the Lamb Shank pouch. Stir to combine.
6. Add the cooked pasta and half of the chopped fresh parsley. Toss to combine, being careful not to let the pan juices reduce too much! Season with salt and pepper.
7. Portion into bowls and garnish with remaining chopped parsley.
Delicious made easy....
Photos by Natasha Bangay